Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stressful holiday

What a week! My parents have just departed our sweet and sunny country to return to England after a week of indulgence at a hotel 'up North'.

Sadly it wasn't exactly as relaxing as we had planned. Baby Jack, at 5 weeks, is beginning to settle down to needing a bottle every 3 - 5 hours. Which is fine. Except I feel exceptionally guilty whenever I sleep through a feeding so I make sure to make every bottle, 24/7!

We arrived at the hotel already tired, our room was perfect, large and roomy and far enough from the open area lobby to be very quiet. Or so we thought. Sadly our neighbors were exceptionally loud.

And rude.

Have you ever had to tell a 40 year old woman to not talk on her mobile phone in a hotel corridor at 10pm? I have. Ever had to tell kids to stop running up and down a corridor doing their own Olympics, presided over by their 16 year old sister? You are missing out!!

I wasn't the only one to complain. By the 2nd night of the package deal they had been moved to their own dining hall as they were so loud.

Anyway, they are long gone now and I intend to forget them very quickly. Or, if I see them again, give them a wide berth.

UPDATE: Dad just phoned from the airport an told me that Mum was laughing so hard she was crying. This is what she was watching;




Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009 (With Lyrics)

kthanxbai!

No comments:

Post a Comment