Monday, April 6, 2009

Wherefore art thou 'Hallelujah'?

After my Hallelujah ramblings on Sunday night I was astonished to be pointed, by Movin' Meat, in the direction of Clapclap.org and their article "It Doesn't Matter Which You Heard": the Curious Cultural Journey of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" from April 2007.

They have a wealth of information on the classic song including when it has been on TV:




The popularity of remaking the original song:




So where did I hear the song last night that started off the musical musings? I haven't the foggiest!!

of mule dung and ash has a very interesting blog regarding religious music, and mentions Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah in his blog 'Hallelujah' But I'm a HUGE Elvis fan and would have listened to his YouTube clip and gone on from there. So where I learnt about Buckley's cover will remain a mystery...

Here's Elvis to make you feel better about yourself. Now go grab a  peanut butter sandwich and a deep fat fryer.

Happy listening anyway.




Elvis Presley - An American Trilogy (Live 1973)

kthanxbai!

No comments:

Post a Comment