Hi, my name is Jumblerant and I am an addict. I need my TV. I can live without it, I just prefer to indulge on a daily basis.
The talk of the town recently has been Netflix's Stranger Things. An interesting show that combines X-files, Poltergeist and basically became a Science Fiction, Supernatural fiction, Horror fiction, Mystery, set in the '80s.
A few of the shows I've been watching that have gone under the radar are somewhat less dramatic, but just as much fun;
1. Lucifer. Lucy is a simple chap, just likes to have fun and doesn't like ot commit. Except for the fact that he used to run Hell itself, he could be any nightclub owner in LA. Oh, and he's an angel.
Surprisingly funny, this show doesn't lean on the interaction between the female and male leads in a way that Castle (of blessed memory) did.
2. One Mississippi is a dark, dark humour vehicle for Tig Notaro. Definitely worth watching, if only for the amazing acting going on around her character, especially by John Rothman and Noah Harpster.
3. Killjoys is into it's 3rd season and is still a joy to watch. An action-adventure sci-fi drama set in a different galaxy, we follow what is basically a trio of sheriffs bringing justice to the lawless "Quad". There are some very interesting twists and turns that put this show apart from the run of the mill good guy v bad guy show.
4. President Graves is a retired politician who suddenly realises that his legacy is a worsened country, so he is going out there to make some more changes. Interesting, if fanciful, view of a politician who finally receives a soul. As if!
5. Ever wondered how a band tours? No? Me neither. However, Roadies shows us an interesting story behind the scenes of the Straton House Band. Sex, drugs, rock and roll for sure, but also friendship, romance, comedy and also some pretty awesome music.
Overall, there are still some awesome, original and interesting tv shows out there. Go have a look!