Like most people, I love the idea of getting something for nothing. It's the reason i am so into solar powered products and recycling.
So where would the first 'Zero Waste' town be? New York? LA? San Francisco? Some hippy commune in Arizona?
Actually, it looks like it might be a rural town in Japan:
So yes, it is possible, it is beneficial and it is something that we can all do!
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Thursday, December 10, 2015
I Do Love Me Some YouTube!
When locked into my tiny cubicle at Work I tend to hide the aircon and peripheral noise with headphones. And what better way to listen to music and watch crazy vids than the Tube that is You?
My faves in 2015:
5. Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!!
4. Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon.
3. Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke - and why JB isn't as evil as we all like to say.
2. Dwayne Johnson's Shake It Off
Its another lip-sync, I know, but it's a chap called The Rock who is going to be singing a girlie-girlie-girl song.
1. The SuperBowl ads this year were rather boring, even for an advertising geek such as myself. Instead, as my pick for best video of the year, I pick a video that has made me smile, made me frown, made me think twice about life. You know, because that's what YouTube videos should be doing!
John Legend - All of Me
YouTube themselves have created a video which tries to capture the essence of the most popular 2015 YouTube clips
Personally, I think they fail. Don't get me wrong, I love Google. I live for Google! But this video just tries too hard. And thus fails. Its like they're saying all the punchlines to 101 jokes that we only know a few of.