Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Fat Trap

My parents are vegetarian.

There I've said it. I've outed my self.

There are many downsides to having vegetarian parents. Nut-roast is one of them. Tuna casserole are two more. When your kids cheer when it's Tony the Tiger's Frosted Flakes for supper do you not understand that they are underprivileged?


Grilled salmon is a healthy and tasty meal to eat once in a while, just not every Friday night.


For 6 years.

Now, as a father myself, I realize just how my parents trod a fine line between a healthy lifestyle choice and screwing me up for ever more. A very fine line.

So what brought this up? I was cleaning the barbecue and realized that there was a mold filled drawer accessible from the back. I believe it's called a 'Fat Trap'. What should I do with it? How often should I empty it? Where do I put the contents? Answers on a postcard please - or in the comments.

kthanxbai!

2 comments:

  1. If there is mold clean it no matter how full. If it gets to about 25% full you are going to want to clean it so that your next bbq doesn't start with the fat in the trap igniting suddenly.

    Disposal: you could make candles lol. Seriously, garbage bag straight to dumpster far away and preferably downwind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could probably become a vegetarian if I wanted to, but I don't ever see that happening. It's probably because I'm not a huge fan of red meat. I dislike steak and when I smell ground beef cooking, it turns my stomach. I do eat it, though, but it's got to be masked by something like in tacos, meatballs or a burger with ketchup and all the other good stuff that I throw on one.

    The same with pork. I'll eat it, but I'd much rather have white meat chicken or turkey (I'm spoiled), or even some yummy shrimp!

    As far as the grill goes, can't help you there. My son is the master chef here and does all the bbq'ing. I haven't touched the grill outside in years.

    ReplyDelete