Monday, October 18, 2010

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe

  We had a couple of friends (or is it a brace or a clutch of friends?) stay over for the weekend. Atone point our Danish friend - no really, she is from Denmark, not made of pastry, asked if I had heard of the 5 Minute Chocolate Cake Recipe.

Not only had I heard of it, made it and loved it, but I was sure I had blogged about it.

Well bugger me if I can't find it anywhere on the site! I must be going insane. So here it is in all it's yummy glory:

Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Really enjoy!!

kthanxbai!

2 comments:

  1. damn you for forcing me to try this... report to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, it is sooooooo good. And as a man I can proudly state that it only took me 10 minutes to clean up all the ingredients afterward!

    I guess it is a 15 minute cake after all...

    ReplyDelete