Monday, October 19, 2009

Keeping shtum

I'm a huge car racing fan, specifically Formula 1. I've been a fan since I was 11 and saw the speed that these guys drive at.

Stirling Moss at the Nürburgring in 1961 .Image via Wikipedia


There was a huge race this Sunday, a championship deciding race, but due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to watch it. As always I decided to download it and watch it in my own time.

No problem there except I can't read my emails because I get Brawn F1 team news sent there. I can't read blogs in Google Reader as I subscribe to 15(ish) F1 blogs (with Sidepodcast probably being the best one out there right now).

A modern Formula One car: Michael Schumacher's...Image via Wikipedia



I also have friends who phone me during the races to chat about whats happening so I haven't been answering the phone to certain chaps. Sorry!

And I can't even check the news with the amazing Morning Coffee software in Firefox as all of the UK press will be putting the results on the front page.

So all day I've been bored at work waiting to rush home to watch the race. I even left the office early only to find that 'Her Indoors' had paused all downloads to make her Facebook surfing slightly faster and forgotten to start it going again. Grrr!!!

Now all is downloaded, I have watched the introduction, I have a 7 month old baby boy with a baby head cold in his exer-saucer beside me and I am watching the race.

UPDATE:

So far in lap 1; 2 crashes, 2 drivers arguing out fo their cars, one pit fire, one car driving off from his pit-stop with the fuel hose still attached.

I guess its not very proffessional but fun to watch!~!

kthanxbai!

No comments:

Post a Comment