Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our Selective Moral Outrage

I may be a bit dense, blinkered or naive but I have never really understood why so many agencies such as the UN (and all its UN derivatives), WHO and Amnesty Intl., and news services such as the BBC and CNN really push the anti-Israel perspective as much as they do.

When I lived in the UK I also never understood why eggs were thrown at Jews walking in the street, why bricks and stones were thrown at synagogues and why there existed such vile antisemitism in the daily papers at the pen of Robert Fisk and his ilk.

Thanks to Bret Stephens over at the Wall Street Journal I now have an inkling as to why this occurs:

Our Selective Moral Outrage
Why does Israel face more opprobrium than Russia?


EDIT UPDATE Hat tip to In From The Cold

As always, all comments are very welcome.


«« if this blog comes out as one complete link to the WSJ article then I apologize and insult ScribeFire through clenched teeth. If not, then please ignore this notelet »»


kthanxbai!


No comments:

Post a Comment