Monday, April 6, 2009

Hallelujah

I've been feeling a bit down recently, what with the world going into a Depression, my inability to find a job and my sleep pattern being obliterated by my 4 week old son.

And yes, I know I should be happy with him, and I am, its just that the 'big picture' sucks.

Once Wifey and Son were asleep this evening I decided to listen to some of my favorite music and just chill. I found one of my favorite songs on the Tube o' You and listened, then found a few more versions in the 'Related Views' section and thought I'd share them with you.


The version loved by musicians the world over:


Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah



The song's latest popular reincarnation, as used in the film 'Shrek':



"Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright (Central Park)


Bob Dylan's version:




Bob Dylan - Hallelujah



And the original:




Leonard Cohen Hallelujah Live



A very nice Norwegian version, in English - Espen Lind (on guitar), Askil Holm, Alejandro Fuentes, Kurt Nilsen



Hallelujah Best version!


Well, I feel better now, do you? No? Just be happy I left the Il Divo version out!!


kthanxbai!!


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Yes, very odd that both of us found the same tune to blog about at near the same time. Odd and ironic.

    But it is a very good tune, and I'm pleased you located a Dylan version which I hadn't.

    Cool!

    ReplyDelete